The Cascade Agenda is a regional program developed by the Cascade Land Conservancy to provide encouragement and tools for communities to develop smart growth plans. This is great in many ways:
- it is something we can all relate to because it is our own home;
- it is a program other communities are getting on board with and therefore is a great incentive for MI to get moving toward the same objective as our neighbors;
- it provides us with a toolkit to help educate and implement Council, staff and citizens;
- it achieves everything we want to with Long Range Planning or Smart Growth because it is those, just placed in context, and
- it keys us in with the rest of the region so we will be in a great position to begin applying for federal funding that will be directed toward these types of planning efforts, the first wave will probably be directed regionally and so we need to be part of the discussion.
For more information: see about the Cascade Agenda website.